|Red Cloud Opera House|
The Opera House building was constructed in 1885 to house the hardware business of Morhart and Fulton on the ground floor and the Opera House above. The stage of the Opera House saw the performance of many traveling stock companies and it served as the center of social and cultural life in Red Cloud for more than thirty years. It closed its doors in 1916 and was silent for 87 years. After a Willa Cather Foundation refurbishment, the restored Opera House opened its doors in May 2003, and has been hosting shows, musicals, exhibits, and world premiers ever since. Please CLICK HERE to learn more about the Opera House.